U'Smile

U'Smile

Monday 28 November 2016

Sip - 16


Angel knows that girl over the table near the book shelf. Not because of her looks or the person who accompany her but because she was the only one who used to pick book from U-Smile. She doesn’t seem to be a book freak but she always has interaction with the books atleast 15 minutes. Angel was wishing to have an intro with her for a long time. “Hi Good evening!”, Angel started with the greeting. She gave a bright smile and greeted back. “May I take the order please?”

“Yes, 1 cold coffee with oreo please”

“Sure. Just 5 minutes.” Saying so Angel turned but stopped. “I think you can try the ‘poems of Shakespeare’ it’s a good collection.”

“Oh..sure. Will try. I’m Isha.I just love your cafĂ©. You serve well, the atmosphere is cozy and neat. I drop by once in a week here”

“Ha Ha..Yes I have noted you! And thank you Isha for the compliment.”

Angel was overjoyed on talking to her. She was neither a celebrity nor a renowned politician but it was like ticking a checkbox from her to achieve list of Angel. She was so happy that she forgot even the fact that the Doc didn’t show up that day.

A guy came over and joined her. Their conversation seemed intense. “See I love you and I wanted to spend time with you. What’s wrong in that?” he said.
“That’s not the problem Vidhu. I’m just saying you should spend time her also. Sathya is your friend.”

“Yes she is. But why can’t she understand my feelings? I have my own life. I have a lover and I want to dream about my future with her. Why can’t she get that?”

“Vidhu. This is not you. Just think about the days you guys were close. It would be like you won’t even mind who comes and interrupt your conversation. You people will forget your surrounding when you were talking and spending time with each other. And now, if you suddenly ignore her calls, stop visiting her, reduce spending time with her, won’t she feel bad?”

“What do you mean to say?”
“I saying, put yourself in her shoes and think. It is hard for any relationship to take the sudden change. It must be you who sits with her and explains the change. Show her what she is to you even the world is turning to a new one. Show her she is the best diary with whom you can confide in. She’s your FRIEND yaar. That’s the best bond you can get in your life.”
He was looking at the water in the glass…..

***************************************************

This is how it would have been...
 “Hey Sathu, make yourself free this Sunday”
“Why da? are you getting me treat?”
“Hey idiot. No. this is more important than that.”
“Oh! What’s that then?”
“First tell me you will be free”
“Ok. Tell me”
“I have been called for audition for Anirudh’s album. I need you to be there.”
“No way. I have educational trip this weekend. I need to go. I need to prepare a report on the trip and based on that only I can get internship. Sorry yaar”
“Don’t try to make me plead to you, you are coming that’s all”
“Understand Vidhu. This is my life.”
“And this is mine. I want you to support me. Stay na”

She was silent and angry. The audition day came. He was asked to sing after 7 people. She was not there. “Why am I longing for her presence when she has not even thought about my future. I not going to talk to her…….No…that’s a tough task…Ok, I’ll make it this way, I won’t talk to her as before.”

His mobile was ringing. It was Sathya, “Oi stupid, come out for a minute. Am waiting here.”
He rushed down to see her. It was a great backing for him. “I know you stupid, I know you. You will think about my future, my life. Thank you buffalo.” He hugged her.
“Ha ha..don’t lie to me, I can see it. You have been scolding me till now right. Ok ok. Go on it’s time for you. Chalo!”
“What about your trip?”

She winked at him. “You didn’t go for my sake?” He was smiling with all those blush but it was stopped when she said, “No da, I made them cancel the plan. We are going next week. Don’t evet get a thought that I will get back in such things for your sake, you don’t worth that much you see!” She ran and he chased her. Their laughter faded in air.

------

“Hey Vidhu, Vidhu..?”
He could barely talk. It was 2.00 am on a Monday of December month. “Hey are you mad? Am sleeping. What happened?”
“I missed the bus da. I got down to refresh, the bus left. I don’t know what to do”
She was stammering. He could sense her situation. “Hey Sathya..Ok ok..calm yourself. Where are you now?”
“A motel after crossing Trichy. No one is here da. I’m afraid”
“Ok ok..baby did you tell your mom?”
“No Vidhu she may even faint if I say this. Help me da”
“Hey chi..you don’t need you say this. I will. Wait..Do you find any travels there?”
“Yes. There is one.”
“Ok. Go and ask the driver where is it going. Stay on line.”
“mmm..ANna where is this bus going?”
The driver said it’s destination is melmaruvathur. “Sathu..listen, ask him if you can get a seat in the bus and if he says yes get on it. Pay him and don’t bargain”
She paid and got into the bus. “Inform me wherever you are passing”
“Ok Vidhu. I should get down at melmaruvathur?”
“Just tell me the places. Don’t worry.”

After a 3 hrs journey, she got down from the bus. He was there, standing with his bike. She couldn’t hold herself, she ran to him, hugged and cried. He consoled her someway and they got on the bike. They travelled 30 kms before they reach home. The next day he was not there at the college. Sathya called him, he didn’t pick it up. She called his mom and she said, “Sathya ma, I called him yesterday and he said he was not feeling well. I think he must be sleeping”
She ran to his PG. He had a burning temperature of 101 degree. She thanked him through her eyes. She promised herself that she will take care of him at any stage of her life.

****************************************
 “Tear drops rolled over Angel’s eyes and fell on the tissue.
“Yah Ishu. I need to spare time for her. I was so immersed in love that I was reluctant to think about her. She is such an idiot to me.”
“Yes she is. You know what, she was such an idiot that she didn’t express anything to you and kept worrying herself sitting near the college fountain. So go…go and talk to your friend!”
“Yes…I need to slap her and ask ‘WTH are you thinking? Can’t you kill me when I ignored your calls’”
They both laughed and Ishu came towards me. “How much is it?”
“It is 125”
She paid. Angel gave her a chocolate roll and said “You are the best life partner to a guy” and smiled.
Ishu smiled back as if she could get the implicit meaning of Angel’s words.

“If you get a girlfriend to support your life partner you are lucky – But
 If you get a life partner to support your girlfriend, you are blessed!”


Writing so, she closed her diary!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Life is a circle,so no things are gng 2 be incomplete.
    I think based on this concept,vid and sat may find their way back..
    Anyway hats off to Isha 1ly!!-bharathi

    ReplyDelete